Oracle 11g Release 2 was released on 1st of September 2009. From my point of view this version will be the next widely used version after 10 Release 2. In myopinion 11g Release 1 is a quite good and stable version – but it is a “Release 1” and many ISVs waited for 11g R2 to apperas to certify their products against.
I am investigating Oracle 11g Release 2 over the next few weeks starting with a single database installation, installing a 2-node-rac with ASM, testing ADVM and ACFS. Finally i will investigate database features, for instance advanced compression.
I will continuously publish my experiences on this blog.
At this point (14th September) the document covers:
- oracle 11g release overview
- new features
- single database installation
- grid infrastructure installation (formerly known as “clusterware”)
- Installing Oracle 11g Release 2 database binaries on ACFS
- How to size ASM disk groups of OCR and Voting disks correctly
The most recent version can be found here:
Hopefully today i will add the creation of a rac database as well.
Please leave me a note or send me an email if you have any feedback.