The following pictures show the grid infrastructure installation of Oracle 11g Release 2 for Windows. This is a rather short posting without much text because the pictures are quite self-explaining.
Note there is no grid infrastructure or ASM for 32-bit Windows!
According to the documentation the following Windows versions are certified for Oracle 11g Release 2:
- Windows Server 2003 x64 with service pack 1 or higher.
- Windows Server 2003 R2 x64
- Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Web, and Foundation editions.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Web, and Foundation editions
Windows Core Editions are NOT supported!
For storing your database you can use the following storage options:
- plain file system (NTFS recommended or FAT)
- Oracle NFS for Windows
In this guide we are using ASM for storing our data files.
If no ASM disk show up you most probably have to mark disks for ASM usage first as shown in the next two slides: