During an Exadata upgrade at a customer the NEM module suddenly faulted after completing the compute node server upgrade.
Checking the Hardware and Firmware compatibility yielded a message similar to:
Firmware not supported. Required Version: NEM 220.127.116.11
To chec the current firmware of the NEM module do the following:
- Connect to the ILOM via SSH.
- cd /sys/nem0 (or nem1)
The ‘ls” has the following output:
/SYS/NEM0 Targets: MB PRSNT STATE ERR OK SERVICE OK2RM LOCATE
Properties: type = Network Express Module ipmi_name = NEM0 fru_manufacturer = FOXCONN fru_version = FW 18.104.22.168 <=========== check the firmware version fru_part_number = 511-1056-05 fru_serial_number = 0226LHF-1031AC00N7 fault_state = OK load_uri = (none) clear_fault_action = (none)
If LOWER than 22.214.171.124 then load the updated firmware rom from 126.96.36.199.2 cell image file:
- Download the 188.8.131.52.2 cell image file
- Make db_patch_184.108.40.206.2.111221/x4800-sas2exp-220.127.116.11-rom.pkg file available from a URL (for example http://myhost.mycompany.internal.com/firmware/x4800-sas2exp-18.104.22.168-rom.pkg)
- Ensure that the grid infrastructure is shut down.
- Use SSH to connect to the ILOM as the root user.
- For each NEMx where x is 0 and 1, do the following:
- cd /SYS/NEMx
load -source http://myhost.mycompany.internal.com/firmware/x4800-sas2exp-22.214.171.124-rom.pkg
- Power cycle the database server.